Basic two-day course offering an overview of first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for the marine/fishing industry. Course meets the requirements of Transport Canada outlined in Transport Publication (TP) 13008. Designed for any person who wants to obtain a rating certificate, endorsement, or a Master or Chief Mate limited certification, and for those providing first aid on board a vessel engaged on a near-coastal voyage, class 2, or on a vessel on sheltered waters.
- 16 hours. Flexible scheduling options.
- 100% attendance
- skills demonstration
- 75% minimum passing grade on written exam
- 3-year certification in marine Basic First Aid and CPR Level C, equivalent to Standard First Aid & CPR Level C, and AED
- Transport Canada certification in Marine Basic First Aid
- Assessment of needs of ill or injured persons and threats to own safety
- Appreciation of bodily structure and functions
- Positioning of person
- The unconscious person
- Resuscitation techniques (including CPR C)
- Control bleeding
- Management of shock
- Burns, scalds, and injuries caused by electricity
- Rescue and transport of person
- Other topics including improvising bandages, rescue in enclosed spaces, infectious diseases, and personal health and hygiene
Click here to complete the on-line registration form then return to page to pay online.