Comprehensive first aid and CPR skills for professional first responders or those training to become first responders. The course teaches the patient assessment model, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, haemorrhage control, and care for a variety of acute and chronic conditions.
Participants will be engaged in dynamic training techniques including video, media presentations, skills demonstrations, practice sessions, discussions and scenarios based on real-life situations.
Professionals in fire service, rescue team, workplace response team, sports-medicine professionals, lifeguards
and ski patrol.
- Successfully demonstrate the required skills
- Minimum 75% mark for written, closed book, knowledge evaluation
- Successfully complete a minimum of one practical scenario
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
3-year certification in First Responder (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
- The Professional Responder
- Responding to the call
- Infection prevention and control
- Anatomy and physiology
- Airway management and respiratory emergencies
- Circulatory emergencies
- Haemorrhage and soft tissue trauma
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Chest, abdominal and pelvic injuries
- Head and spinal injuries
- Acute and chronic illnesses
- Environmental illnesses
- Pregnancy, labour and delivery
- Special populations
- Crisis intervention
- Reaching, lifting and extricating patients
- Multiple-casualty incidents
Includes any other content required by specific legislation
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency Care for Professional Responders Reference Text
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency Care for Professional Responders Workbook (optional)
Click here to complete the online registration form.
Cost & Payment