A comprehensive two-day course designed to meet the needs of those expected to provide first aid in a marine environment. The course uses a combination of lecture, discussion, and scenarios taken from the marine/fishing industry to teach the required knowledge and skills.
The course meets the requirements of Transport Canada outlined in Transport Publication (TP) 13008 E.
16 hours in-class
First Aid Instructor
A student does not require a CDN in order to participate in a MBFA course
- Successfully demonstrate skills and critical steps
- Min. 75% mark for written knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
3-year certification in Marine Basic First Aid and CPR & AED Level A
Recertification of Marine First Aid is not permitted under federal regulations.
- The Red Cross
- Responding to Emergencies
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest – adult
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
- First Aid & CPR (manual from the Canadian Red Cross)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- Marine Basic First Aid certificate
- Transport Canada certification issued directly by CRC
Click here to complete the online registration form.
Cost & Payment